Job Title: Library Manager
Salary Range: £20,903 - £23,080 per annum (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 25.50 hours per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of Library Manager at Buntingford Library. Buntingford is a growing market town as well as a commercial centre for the surrounding rural area.
We are looking for someone who shares the Hertfordshire Libraries’ vision which is to deliver a high-quality library service that is sustainable into the future and remains relevant to the diverse and changing needs of Hertfordshire residents. You will work in close partnership with local communities and provide an enhanced gateway to reading, information and well-being, and this will include devising a portfolio of events and activities. The new manager will have proven supervisory and team leadership experience.
Main responsibilities are:
- Promote the library service to the wider community, and to actively engage with local partnerships and organisations
- Motivate and lead the team to deliver a high-quality library and information service to the community
- Actively manage and supervise the team to ensure that all tasks are completed in accordance with HCC policies and procedures
- Lead by example, ensuring that the communication and delivery of new service initiatives is carried out to achieve positive outcomes
- Oversee the Performance Management Development Scheme and provide effective appraisals to frontline staff
- Support the delivery of the Inspiring Libraries Strategy, by encouraging all staff to promote the library, and contribute to the ambition of attracting more visitors through participation in outreach and promotional activities
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Pam Hutson, Operations Librarian on 0300 123 4049.
When searching for this role please use HCC18142 Library Manager.
Closing date: Sunday 5th December 2021
Interview date: to be confirmed
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.