0.6 FTE - non-class based with possibility of additional teaching post
Required to start January/April 2022
Due to expansion we are seeking to appoint a committed individual to take on the role of Inclusion Lead at our forward thinking, Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ Early Years Centre.
You will work with a strong Senior Leadership team and established teams of staff to improve outcomes for our nursery aged children.
Norcot has a formal Early Years Resource Base for children with social communication difficulties/autism.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an experienced individual working with SEND, who can lead Inclusion provision in the nursery school and line manage Resource Base.
- Have high expectations of children’s attainment, progress, behaviour and well-being and being passionate about improving life chances of our children.
- Have the national award NASENCO
- Have excellent organisational skills and up to date knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Have experience of implementing strategies to successfully support children.
- Be an effective team member who is creative, energetic and will provide creative and inspiring learning opportunities for our children.
- Have experience of completing EHCP, IEP, funding forms and other relevant paperwork.
- Confident in supporting staff and delivering training.
- Experience of managing staff including carrying out supervision, appraisals and performance management.
Norcot Early Years Centre can offer the successful candidate:
- An innovative, friendly and exciting place to work.
- Strong, supportive and professional workforce with an established Senior Management Team and you will be a member of this team.
- Established working partnership with SEN local authority advisors, speech & language and OT professional.
- Excellent support from parents, governors and the community.
- SEND training opportunity.
- Safeguarding, Health & Safety and First Aid training along with other training opportunities.
- Staff discount applies if child attends Norcot Early Years Centre on working days.
- Teacher pension with Berkshire Pension Fund.
- Various Reading Borough Council staff benefits – please see website for more details.
This Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We welcome visits to the Centre, please contact us to make an appointment. For further details and an application pack, please contact Waterside office on 0118 937 5677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website for more details about Norcot EYC - https://www.norcotearlyyearscentre.co.uk
No agencies please, we are a local authority employer
Closing date: 3rd December 2021
Interview date: TBC
An Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check will be sought from the successful candidate.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success.