Rutland County Council are seeking a Special Educational Needs and Disability Team Manager to join their Early Help, SEND & Inclusion team. Do you have a passion for the development and delivery of quality services for children with special educational need and disability and their families? Do you have experience delivering on strategy and supporting the successful integration of SEND services? Are you an experienced manager who can lead, manage and motivate colleagues through developing their skills and knowledge? If you answered yes to these questions, the SEND Team Manager is the role for you.
- Experience leading and managing service development and performance management in SEND, Social Care of Education services
- Sound knowledge of childcare legislation, including legislation related to SEN and disability and safeguarding practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to utilise IT packages to record and present case and performance information
- An enthusiastic and positive team player who is passionate about maintaining an excellent service.
About the role…
- Developing a professional and excellent service to children with special educational needs and disabilities and their families, as well as actively contributing to the continual children’s service improvement and performance programme
- Ensuring the provision of quality services to SEND children and their families in accordance with legal requirements, departmental policies and procedures to meet all statutory obligations
- Working alongside the Service Manager to lead the ongoing development of an integrated service that is safe and central for children and young people
- Delivering and managing high quality casework that supports the operation, delivery and performance of children on Education, Health and Care Plans or with a CiN plan
- Developing effective positive relationships with children and young people, Rutland Disabled Youth Forum and the Parent Carer Voice groups.
The successful applicant for this post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The costs for the DBS are paid by us.
SEND Team Manager interviews will be held on 14 December 2021 . Please be advised this could be subject to change, in which case we will give appropriate notice.
Our offer to you:
We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
Rutland County Council encourages a healthy work life balance, and we welcome discussions regarding flexible working.
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758343 or email us at email@example.com