Benefits Specialist: Grade 7 (£29,577 - £32,910)
Some 170,000 people call the borough of Wokingham home. With great schools, up-to-date facilities and a beautiful semi-rural location, there’s an exceptional quality of life – and it’s about to get even better. Right now, we have major plans for the future, designed around our residents: 13,000 new homes, better infrastructure, and a commitment to creating the best possible children’s services.
Wokingham Borough Council is seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Benefits Officer, to
monitor, maximise, and support the authority with its subsidy claim for Housing Benefit, Appeals to VT and HMCTS, in a timely manner.
In addition, the role will entail but not be limited to:
- Manage a caseload of complex benefits cases, dealing with customer queries via various customer channels.
- Be responsible for Government Returns, ensuring that funding allocations are not delayed, resulting in delayed payments or incorrect allocations.
- Support the System Support Team with the main core systems, including upgrades, maintenance, testing, and legislation changes to ensure correct data and calculations are made.
- Manage the delivery of any additional government support schemes, to ensure they are set up, administered, and reported on.
- Coach, support, and mentor other benefits officers.
- Undertake Quality Monitoring of assessor’s work, to ensure very high levels of accuracy.
To apply for this role, you must have the following:
- Extensive experience of Benefits Assessments and Council Tax Reduction.
- An in-depth knowledge of benefits legislation, including subsidy and case law
- Excellent communication skills.
- Target driven to deliver a consistently high level of customer service.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload
- Good level of IT and analytical skills
- Be a fast learner (training will be provided within this role)
For further information please contact Clare Fell – Assessment Manager on:
Mobile: 07825 522 591 email@example.com
Closing Date: 11.00pm 28 November 2021
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.