As part of this Medway Council Apprenticeship, you will work with a group of Directors and have the opportunity to develop experience and skills from working in a busy office environment that you can use to gain a qualification. These will enable you to carry these through to a future career in a number of different workplaces.
As part of this role, you can expect to undertake the following tasks:
- Support management of a diary using Outlook, to resolve conflicting demands in planning schedules and ensure time management is optimised
- Assist the Executive Support Officer (Dir) with managing correspondence and support them to ensure copy is fit for purpose, the right tone and agreed timescales are met
- Acting as a screening point for general correspondence / post, Freedom of Information requests and councillor / MP enquiries, ensuring that correspondence is properly logged and recorded
- Acting as the first point of contact for an Executive Officer, using initiative and responding to and/or directing queries to the relevant parties
- Liaising directly with internal and external colleagues and partners to deal with enquiries and to co-ordinate appointments and engagements
- Coordination and collation of meetings for internal and external attendees, booking rooms, arranging refreshments, preparing material, greeting visitors etc
- Assist Executive Support Officer in arranging business travel and accommodation for the Director of People
- Assistant Executive Support Officer (Dir) to manage all staff correspondence e.g. Christmas Cards
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Trained in invoicing and spreadsheets
For Level 3 Apprentice’s - The Business Administrator Apprenticeship is a two year programme incorporating real work experience and learning, to gain the knowledge and development of skills and behaviours to successfully complete the programme. This apprenticeship involves approximately 18 months on the job development, followed by an end point assessment consisting of a knowledge test, a presentation on the project completed; and a discussion on the portfolio of learning and development produced during the apprenticeship. A grading of either Pass or Distinction is achievable.
Ideally you will have good communication and interpersonal skills, combined with competent IT skills, accurate data entry along with a good attention to detail. However we are happy to support you to reach those goals if you are highly motivated and have the desire to learn and succeed.
If this sounds like the role for you, then we would encourage you to apply today.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile.
As an Apprentice with Medway Council, you will be a valued member of our Apprenticeship Academy. We will encourage and support you to realise your potential. You will have the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are experts in their field and gain insights that can only come from real world experience
We will support you every step of the way for you to succeed in your apprenticeship and help you to become the best version of yourself.
An openness to review and reflect on your performance and progress is important as well as the willingness to accept feedback that will help you to develop and grow in this role.
Medway Council’s Apprenticeship Academy extends to all our Apprentices a guarantee that their apprenticeship qualifications will be regularly monitored and quality assured with the respective training providers.
In return we offer you:
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Generous local government pension
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Free NUS Apprentice Extra Card- student discounts at 100’s of retailers
- Student rates for Medway Council Leisure Centres
- Student rates for Medway Council Libraries plus free e-books
- Discounted Arriva bus travel
Interviews are likely to be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, if your application is successfully shortlisted.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager call Chris Hudson-Wallis on 01634 331206.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.