As a Team Leader in one of our Residential Homes you will lead on key areas such as health and safety, training and supervision of staff, creating rotas and overseeing medication.
You will be expected to play a key part in new referrals to the Home, leading and arranging activities around children's needs and ensuring all children are safe with their emotional, physical, educational and social needs met. You will motivate children and staff to reach their full potential through positive role modelling, mentoring, planning and resolving problems and barriers.
Shifts and rotas - for day work, you will be required to work on a shift rota between 07:00 - 22:00, which will include every other weekend and sleep in duties when needed. This will be agreed with the successful candidate.
For more information, please visit our dedicated Residential website, Careers in Children's Residential Care.
*state in your cover letter your location or Home preference.
- Ability to assess, plan and undertake risk assessments for individual children, ensuring the needs of all children are met
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills to provide clear and concise advice and specialist guidance to a range of staff, Children, and other professionals
- Ability to provide clear professional practice guidance to staff, challenging poor practice and ensuring high standards are maintained
- Ability to effectively manage the time and priorities of self and others
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate problems and resolve issues independently, planning solutions and make pragmatic decisions
- Good literacy and IT skills to be able to maintain children's records, write reports, emails, supervision records, etc.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Experience of working within a team, dealing with a diverse range of situations while prioritising the wellbeing of children
- Significant level of experience within a position relevant to the residential care of children
- Sound experience of key working, in order to create assessments and plans for individuals
- Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Experience of working within internal policies and procedures and statutory responsibilities
Rewards and Benefits
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The safety of our employees is of upmost importance to us, and candidates that are successful at interview will be subject to a pre-employment risk assessment, where risks related to COVID-19 will be discussed.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03216
For further information regarding the role, please contact one of the below;
Emma Gibbons (Registered Manager)
How to Apply
To apply, please upload your CV and cover letter explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and an occupational health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.