Senior Engineer – Development Control, Highways Development and Design
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Highways and Public Protection, in our Highways Development Control service.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, hardworking person to fulfil this important role in our team. The successful candidate will play an important role in the highway development control service within Transportation and Highway Infrastructure, providing essential support in assessing the impacts of development proposals on the highway network and in utilising statutory highways powers to deliver and manage highway improvements associated with planning applications.
Job purpose: Provision of technical advice and support in relation to development and improvements to the public highway within the Borough. This specifically includes the assessment of development proposals, application of Council highway standards to new developments, the delivery of off-site highway improvements related to developments utilising highway statutory powers and regulations and contributing to transportation forward planning.
- Support the Team Leader in the delivery of the highways development control function in order to deliver the objectives of the team and the delivery of the departmental strategies, programmes and operational procedures.
- To manage the adoption process and off-site highway improvements connected to developments or improvements to the public highway network within the Borough, including the processing of any associated and requisite statutory and legal Highway Authority processes, such as legal agreements and stopping-up Orders etc.
- Provision of technical advice and support in the assessment of planning applications and building control approvals including any with the submission of Transport Assessments and Statements.
- To represent the Head of Highways and Public Protection at Planning Committee and other appropriate Committees, Public Inquiries, Magistrates and Crown Court Hearings, public meetings and other Forums, as required.
- Provide professional and technical advice and support as required to enable the Council to undertake its duties as Highways Authority.
If you feel you possess the skills and commitment we are looking for, then we’d like to hear from you. Please ensure that you demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements of the position in your application form.