Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: January 2022
The opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, conscientious and enthusiastic teacher to join our Key Stage 2 team from January 2022. Our school has recently expanded this year as we moved to be a three form entry school in all year groups.
St Andrew’s is an exciting place to be and there are a plenty of opportunities awaiting the right candidate. We have a large staff and put a lot of emphasis on enjoying and modelling positive relationships. You will find the team very welcoming and supportive and united in the belief that we are all learning together.
Every school boasts about how lovely their children are but ours are truly remarkable. Their joy and caring natures make our school a lovely place to be. We also have very positive relationships with parents and carers who engage effectively with us to support their children in their learning across the wider curriculum. Our parents and carers, whilst expecting the best provision, are quick to work closely with us and show their appreciation.
We hope you will explore the opportunity to join our committed, friendly and caring team and encourage you to visit us to see for yourself what we have to offer.
About the role
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Take responsibility for the standards of teaching and learning within a Key Stage 2 class whilst encouraging a learning experience which provides opportunities for pupils to achieve their potential.
- To lead a subject throughout the school
- Be an experienced and outstanding teacher with excellent knowledge of the curriculum, understanding the pedagogy around teaching – this role is not suitable for an Early Career Teacher (ECT).
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to relate to the children, staff and parents/carers
- Have limitless enthusiasm and a desire to inspire our children.
- A strong commitment to working in partnership with pupils, staff, parents and the community, in a culturally diverse setting
St. Andrew’s C.E. Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Visits by appointment are strongly recommended. If you are unable to come in, please feel free to have a conversation with the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher
Contact the School Office on 01273 770082 for further details.
Closing date: Friday 5th November midday
Interview date: Week beginning 8th November
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Belfast Street, Hove, BN3 3YT, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 770082
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.