Paid weeks per year: 44.85 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Fixed term: For one year in the first instance
Start date: As soon as possible
The successful applicant will have excellent organisational skills, resilience and flexibility. This position is part of a team dedicated to supporting young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health conditions to overcome their barriers to learning.
About the role
The responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
- meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority
- organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments
- dealing with incoming emails and calls often corresponding on behalf of the senior leadership team
- carrying out background research and presenting findings
- producing documents, briefing papers, reports, policies and presentations
- organising, attending and minuting meetings and ensuring SLT are well prepared for meetings
- liaising with parents/carers, external agencies, staff etc
- Exam Officer
- Annual Review paperwork and organisation
Some of the skills required for the post are as follows:
- exceptional written and oral communication skills
- excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages
- the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- good organisational and time management skills
- the ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
- excellent interpersonal skills
- the ability to work on your own initiative
- honesty and reliability
- attention to detail
- flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
- discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues
You will also need to be:
- Friendly and confident with high levels of resilience
- Flexible and able to prioritise
- Work well as part of a team
- Work over multiple sites as required
Please express your interest on line via the Brighton and Hove City Council Website or directly to email@example.com
We are unable to accept applications via post or CVs.
Central Hub Brighton is the SEMH specialist provision for the city consisting of Brighton and Hove Pupil Referral unit, The Connected Hub and Homewood College and has four bases across the city. We have good links with other educational organisations in the city. We have an enthusiastic staff team and strive always to ensure our learners have access to the best possible educational experience in order that our students can overcome any barriers they have had to learning in the past. The Central Hub is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to equality of opportunity. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check. BHPRU are committed to the principles of Equality and carry out duties in accordance with the Council’s Inclusive Council Policy. For any other details please contact Karen Prout – Tel: 01273 916595, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We warmly welcome potential applicants to visit the school. We would ask that you keep to our Covid requirements. To arrange a visit please contact a member of our school office team on 01273 916595 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 31st October
Interview date: Week commencing 1st November
School Office: (01273) 916595
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.