Paid weeks per year: 47.15 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Fixed term: Until August 2022
Start date: As soon as possible
Hangleton & Benfield schools are federated, and work closely together, staff therefore have the opportunity and can be required to work at either site.
This role is initially based at Benfield Primary School
This role is for 16.25 hrs per week + ½ hour MDSA duties
We are looking to appoint a proactive, inspiring and committed individual needs assistant , to join our supportive inclusive school, and to work under the guidance of the SEN team and offer support to children on a one to one basis.
About the role
The successful candidate must:-
- have experience of working and supporting children 1:1 in an educational setting who have complex social and communication needs
- will need to be flexible and willing to work as part of a team.
- Have the ability to build excellent relationships with pupil, parents and colleagues.
- Readiness to make a positive contribution to the full life of the school
- Support the class teacher with the preparation of resources
- Knowledge of visual communication methods
Closing date: Noon 5th November
Interview date: Week commencing 8th November
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Hangleton Primary Dale View, Hangleton, BN3 8LF, email: email@example.com
School Office: (01273) 294874
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.