Hours of work: Full-time teachers' hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Fixed term for: 12 months, or for the duration of the maternity cover period
Closing date: Friday 29 October 2021
Interview date: Week beginning Monday 08 November 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
The Eastbourne Academy
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Teacher of English (Maternity Cover) - The Eastbourne Academy - Required for January 2022
- Fixed Term contract for 12 months to cover Maternity Leave
- Full time
Working with the English department, the person appointed will be an energetic and inspirational classroom teacher, who is already, or has the potential to be an outstanding practitioner. The successful candidate will be required to contribute to the growth of the department through the planning and delivery of engaging English lessons to a range of abilities across Key Stage 3 and 4. The successful applicant will be required to teach Key Stage 4 English Language and Literature.
The position would suit either an ambitious NQT or an established teacher:
- Can provide outstanding quality learning and teaching in the English department, modelling excellence in the classroom
- Can demonstrate creativity and flair in the classroom
- Can enthuse and motivate students
- Has the vision required to impact the continuous process of raising attainment in the English department
- Has a belief in the value and talents of all students
- Has a passion for English
- Has a commitment to achieve excellence for all
- Has thorough knowledge and understanding of ICT, with a proven record of using ICT to enhance Teaching and Learning in the classroom
Full details of the requirements of the post can be found in the accompanying recruitment pack.
If you are interested in this post, please contact Laurie Morgan, Head of Subject for an informal discussion: Laurie.email@example.com and 01323 514 x 233
Completed applications should be sent to Mrs Melanie Hopkins, Headteacher’s PA and HR Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The Eastbourne Academy, Brodrick Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex BN22 9RQ.
If you experience any difficulty in completing the application form, please contact email@example.com or 01795 426091 (option 2)
In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not keep any details / application forms on file once the position is filled.
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosure
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.