Hours of work: 30 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Friday 29 October 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Our schools, Rye College and Rye Community Primary are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Finance Assistant to join our highly-motivated team at an exciting time in the schools’ growth.
Our aim is to challenge every learner to exceed their own expectations of themselves; create a can-do culture and the resilience to excel; include all members of our community through shared endeavour; and nurture diverse skills, talents and abilities whilst celebrating excellence.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience, or a demonstrable interest in working as a Finance Assistant;
- Have a finance/administration-based background;
- Be a good communicator with the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Have practical experience of raising orders, accepting deliveries and managing accounts;
- Have experience of undertaking a range of financial assistance duties;
- Aspire to help deliver an outstanding learning environment;
- Have a basic level of IT skills.
In return, we offer:
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
- A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
- A school in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit to our school prior to application.
Rye College and Community Primary are committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check. As an employee of the Aquinas Church of England Education Trust you are required to have regard to the character of the Trust and its foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way contrary to the interests of the foundation.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.