Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are looking to recruit two Tenancy Management Officers [High Rise Living] within our Tenancy Management Team. This newly created role will have operational responsibility for delivering and developing our new service offer to residents living in the Council's tower block accommodation. This is an exciting time to join the team. We are committed to improving the quality and transparency of our service offer to all residents in our tower blocks, maximising engagement opportunities and improving perceptions of feeling safe and secure as part of a wider service improvement plan which seeks to align the service to the emerging aspirations of the Social Housing Regulator.
The Tenancy Management Team employ a model of tenancy management which contributes to the strategic objectives of preventing homelessness, sustaining all forms of occupation arrangement, making best use of the Council's limited supply of affordable housing and ensuring our tenants are safe.
The Tenancy Management Officer (High Rise Living) will be the 'point of contact' responsible for the delivery of a more intensive form of housing management service to all residents living in the Council's tower block portfolio. In addition to providing an 'end to end' tenancy management services the role is responsible for delivering the Council's housing management offer to residents as part of complying with its fire safety landlord obligations associated with 'higher risk buildings'.
In delivering the housing management offer in 'higher risk buildings' the Tenancy Management Officer (High Rise Living) will build up and maintain good quality and accessible customer insight data, undertake a robust inspection regime, lead on the delivery of a statutory engagement strategy and maximise the contribution to ensuring that residents are 'fire safe' and 'fire aware'.
We are looking for an established and confident housing professional with effective people management and communication skills, a collaborative style and proven ability to work in a cross-service setting to achieve team priorities. You will have a good understanding of day to day tenancy management within a social housing setting and a keen interest and willingness to develop your knowledge and skills base associated with fire safety from a tenancy management and resident engagement perspective.
You will be committed to providing high quality customer service and projecting confidence and clarity in the Council's delivery of its service offer to residents in equipping your staff to provide an exemplar leasehold charging and collection service.
For your application to be considered you must have proven:
- Experience of effective management of tenancies within a social housing setting
- Experience of engaging with residents and managing estates using a collaborative approach
- Ability to undertake effective property and shared areas inspections across a tower block portfolio
- Understanding of the emerging obligations associated with tower block management
- Understanding of the Social Housing Regulator's emerging focus on 'safety'
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.