We have an exciting opportunity for several Planners to join us. Apply now and become a valued member of the Development management team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- Gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
What we are looking for…
- We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated Planners to join our forward thinking and dynamic Development Management department. We are an ambitious authority looking to deliver growth and provide innovative and high quality developments.
- Being part of our Specialist team, you will have a varied caseload of interesting and complex planning applications. You should possess a knowledge of the relevant technical guidance and current legislation, being able to demonstrate professional assessment skills applicable to more complex and technically challenging development proposals.
- We are looking for talented applicants who can demonstrate an adaptable and flexible approach, coupled with an ability to work on your own initiative. You will need to be organised and self-motivated but also a committed team player.
- A key part of the Grade 8 role will be supporting the Lead Specialist whilst mentoring and supporting other team members, and dealing with complex major applications, providing opportunities to masterplan our key market towns. You will lead at committee meetings and represent the authority at planning appeals.
Please contact John Hammond, Interim Lead Specialist for Built Environment on 01935 462531 should you wish to discuss the role in more detail.
Closing Date: 25th October 2021, 10am
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.