Job Title: Business Support Officer
Location: Adult Safeguarding Service East, Farnham House, Stevenage
Salary: H8 - £27741 - £30,451
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
We are recruiting for Business Support Officer within the Safeguarding Adult Team for East Hertfordshire. We are looking for someone with strong administrative and communication skills to join our service. We are passionate about what we do and highly supportive to one another, valuing our relationships with our clients, colleagues and partner organisations.
This role involves responsibilities such as:
- Undertaking service specific requirements such as supporting managers in the service planning process including ensuring best practice.
- Developing, monitoring and reporting on performance targets and indicators, whilst championing continuous improvement in processes and systems.
- Coordinate and line manage the business support function to the Adult Safeguarding team, ensuring that safeguarding administrative tasks are completed in a timely manner, identifying where need for training may be required.
- Take on administration of more complex safeguarding cases, including minuting of safeguarding meetings, and/or cover where service need requires.
- Manage the administration of intake tray, and monitor safeguarding cases to ensure timely responses.
- Professional development and performance management of all service support staff.
- Check and maintain provider ratings on CQC websites; collate feedback from these reviews.
- Liaise with Adult Safeguarding Audit team to ensure team is compliant and adhering to audit requests.
Closing Date: Sunday 31st October 2021
Interview Date: Wednesday 17th November 2021
For an informal discussion and more information please contact:
Jill Melton on 01438 843580 Or call the team on 01438 844076
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.
Important Note re Interviews: Where we are able to, and in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines in regard to social distancing, all interviews will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, should you be shortlisted for an interview.
Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information Click Here
Non Hard to Fill Roles
Overseas Applications: We will accept applications from all applicants who already have an established right to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide sponsorships for this post
The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations from 11th November 2021 means people working in or professionally visiting CQC-registered care homes will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated unless they have a medical exemption. You will be required to provide proof of vaccination, or medical exemption, to your line manager if you haven’t already. You can demonstrate your vaccination status using the NHS COVID Pass service.
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Why Hertfordshire: Watch our ‘Why Hertfordshire’ video. Our staff use their own words to tell their story and share their experiences of what it is like working here. Take your next step in your career.
Hertfordshire County Council is currently undertaking a review of its pay structure and terms and conditions. The council is undertaking this review as part of its commitment to continuing to be an employer of choice, by ensuring that its pay and terms and conditions are relevant to future working practices. You can read more about this on our website
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.