A qualified Social Worker is required to cover leave in the Placement team. Duties include the assessment, supervision and support of foster carers including kinship carers and the recruitment of foster carers.
Blaenau-Gwent Placement Team is a dynamic and forward thinking team ready to take on the new challenges of fostering in Wales. We require a qualified social worker with the vision and commitment to assess and support foster carers to ensure that children who are looked after have the best outcomes possible.
This role focusses on the delivery of recruitment, assessment, approval, support and supervision of foster carers, including connected persons as well as ensuring that children remain at the centre of everything we do. You will prepare and present assessments to the Fostering Panel and identify placements for children as appropriate to their needs. You will work in partnership with other professionals in order to provide placements that keep children safe.
It is essential to possess a diploma in social work (or equivalent) and be registered with Social Care Wales or an equivalent body. Applications will be accepted from newly-qualified workers who have had at least one placement in a children and families setting.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- Completing assessments of prospective foster carers and presenting the assessment at our fostering panel
- Completing assessments of friends and family members to look after children under Care Orders or Special Guardianship Orders and submitting these assessments to the fostering panel and family court
- Supervising and supporting foster carers, including kinship foster carers, to meet the needs of the children in their care.
- Help to deliver training to carers in groups or in the carer’s home.
- Being available to support carers via our advice line.
- Help in the recruitment of new foster carers
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The post holder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
The post is one as identified to be suitable for “agile working” where post holders are expected to work from home and also have access to office space and be expected to work from an office depending on the needs of the service.
Closing Date: 28.10.2021, 12am
Interview Date: To be Confirmed
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.