Hudson Primary School and Family Wellbeing Centre, Moorhey Road, Maghull, Merseyside, L315LE.
The Governors of Hudson Primary School and Family Wellbeing Centre seek to make the
appointment of a Level 1 Teaching Assistant to work within our Nurture Base EYFS children
with special educational needs.
This post is full time; 17.5 hours per week term-time only. Working from 12.00 - 3.30pm
This is a fixed term post initially from January 2022 or sooner if possible and lasts until the 20th July 2022 or until the child leaves our school should that be earlier.
• Do you have both interest and experience of working with children with special education and
• Do you have a high level of patience, care and competence?
• Are you able to work as a team alongside the class teacher and other teaching assistants involved
in the children’s teaching and learning?
• Are you enthusiastic, reliable and self-motivated?
• Do you have experience of working with children in a school setting?
• Do you have good Numeracy and Literacy skills?
• Are you a team player as well as being able to lead, manage, organise and motivate others?
• Do you possess excellent organisational skills?
• Are you committed to the safeguarding of children?
• Are you willing to contribute fully to the life of the school?
The successful candidate will have:
• Relevant qualifications and experience suitable for working with children of primary school age
• An ability to work as part of a supportive and friendly team
• A flexible approach to working
• A high level of patience and understanding
• Enthusiasm and passion about working with children to support their needs and help them reach
• Experience of delivering literacy and numeracy interventions within a school setting
• Excellent basic skills in literacy and numeracy with good spoken English
Experience of working within a school environment, particularly as a Teaching Assistant with
additional needs, would be an advantage. Knowledge and understanding of Autism is essential.
We can offer you:
• A caring and supporting ethos
• A happy and positive school
• Enthusiastic, well behaved and hardworking pupils
• A welcoming, friendly and supportive staff team
• A commitment to future development and training
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of
Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be
confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all
staff to share this commitment.
This post is subject to Local Government Pension Scheme
How to Apply
Applications to be returned to Kelly Herron, School and Family Services Manager, Hudson Primary
School, Maghull, L31 5LE or email@example.com by 2nd November 2021 at 12 noon.
Application form, job description and person specification are available from the links below. Shortlisting will take place w/c 8th November 2021. Successful short listed candidates will be invited into school for a short task and interview.