Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard? The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
The London Borough of Hounslow has a proven track record and long-standing commitment to the delivery of affordable housing and is at the forefront of the new era of building new Council Housing. With an ambitious commitment to build 1,000 new council homes by 2022, as part of our Pledge to secure 5,000 new affordable housing, we now have the following new positions.
About The Team
There are two posts that The London Borough of Hounslow are recruiting to:
- We are looking for candidates with the skills and experience to contribute to the delivery of the Council's ambitious new build housing programme. Located within our Housing Delivery Team you will have the opportunity to project manage a range of new initiatives from initiation to contract award and onto to completion and final account. If you have strong organisational skills in project management and have excellent time and communication skills, then we would love to hear from you.
- We are also keen to hear to from candidates that have experience in negotiating delivery of affordable housing on developer led sites. Candidates should have extensive knowledge of the planning process and affordable housing policy, from a national to a local level. Candidates should have experience in reviewing s106 agreements and working closely with solicitors.
These opportunities will suit recently qualified planning, building and property professionals who are adaptable, flexible and who are committed to deliver.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with developers, contractors, Housing Associations, and other organisations building new homes within the borough.
- Working in collaboration with other Council services, and senior management to ensure that services are joined up and are delivered to meet the housing needs of the Borough.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of good housing design, development and planning issues such as Affordable Housing policies.
- Experience of project managing delivery of new housing, preferably within a social housing context.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact: Sukhi Randhawa (Sukhi.Randhawa@hounslow.gov.uk)
Closing date: 3rd November 2021