Thameside Primary School
To start as soon as possible
Hours of work: 25 hours per week, Mon to Fri, 5 hours per day
Your day will be split as per the following hours:
08:30am to 12:30pm- Classroom Teaching Assistant
12:30 to 13:30pm – Lunchtime Cover
Status: Permanent, term time only
The school are looking to appoint a passionate and forward thinking Teaching Assistant to join our Thameside school community.
We require an enthusiastic individual to work with the class teacher providing support and assistance in the development, learning, and care of students.
The ideal candidate will display a willingness to help a range of children with varied needs, have excellent communication skills, be highly motivated and be able to work confidently as part of a team.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the class teacher to implement planned lesson learning activities
- Engage and support individual pupils and groups in their learning (e.g. reading & writing)
- Provide welfare support to children and attending to first aid incidents
- General support in the classroom planning resources and setting up the classroom
- Providing administrative support to the class teacher to prepare resources for class
- Supervising children on the playground at break times and during lunchtimes
- Creating informative and exciting classroom displays
We are seeking candidates that have:
- Previous experience of working with children is preferable
- A good standard of English and Maths is essential Grade C or equivalent
- An ability to work with a team and diverse staff/pupil groups
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Exceptional, highly motivated and hard-working
- Commitment to teamwork
- Patience and commitment to work with young people, some with challenging needs
If you are interested please contact the school office for an application pack or download from www.thamesideprimary.co.uk, About Us, Come & Work for us! Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and is an equal opportunity provider. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Friday 29th October 2021
Interview Date: W/C 1st November 2021