Here at West Sussex County Council (WSCC) we have an opportunity for a Highways Customer Service Hub Team Leader. If you are all about the customer and passionate about providing a great customer experience, then you'll be in good company in the Customer Experience Service.
West Sussex County Council is a diverse organisation that provides services to more than 850,000 residents every day. As part of the County Council, the Customer Experience Service is the team that brings the customer to the heart of our services. For more information on WSCC, please visit our website.
The team works within the Communities Directorate which incorporates a diverse range of services, a number of which operate at scale and with countywide reach to deliver significant universal customer-facing functions. There are a number of Service areas who, within their core business, deliver a targeted offer for key customer groups and work closely alongside colleagues from Adults & Health and Children, Young People & Learning.
About The Job
Salary: £36,922- £39,880 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Location: Durban House, Bognor Regis
As a Highways Customer Service Hub (CSHub) Team Leader you will manage the Highways Customer Service Team who support the Highways Service, by providing a front-line screening facility for Highways contacts. You will work alongside Highways professionals and agencies to provide this comprehensive customer service team function.
This role will also work closely with our service provider for Highways Maintenance and our Customer Service Centre provider, as part of a wider joint working approach to service delivery through the Highways CSHub.
This role is responsible for providing a front-line customer service direct to customers, using diagnostic tools to gather information to understand contact volumes and enquiry trends. The focus of this role is to develop, implement and oversee a truly customer-focused service which delivers 'Customer Excellence' throughout the Customer Experience Service and Highway Service.
Experience and Skills
This is a demanding role and you will need to have a calm and sensitive approach, to be resilient and patient and to be able to deal with complex situations and escalations which can take up a great deal of your time. You'll need excellent people management skills to lead and support the team in a Customer Service environment.
In addition you will also be able to demonstrate the following relevant skills and experience:
- Ability to organise / prioritise work, co-ordinate a variety of tasks in a clear and logical way and meet agreed deadlines that minimise the disruption to the business.
- Able to demonstrate higher level thinking skills, in order to work through varied and complex issues, make connections and establish solutions which draw on the bigger picture, and able to make the connections between disparate issues and creatively combine solutions to solve multiple problems.
- Able to build credible working relationships, build rapport and negotiate with and influence others. Able to develop positive partnership ways of working, with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence the actions of others and communicate information that may be complicated or sensitive. Including the ability to negotiate solutions across wide areas of the business and successfully convince others of the need to take a specific course of action.
- Ability to present information clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that promote understanding, either verbally or in written / electronic form.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills in order to understand complex written instructions describing tasks and to check financial invoices and other documents.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience, demonstrating the same level of applied knowledge in researching, analysing and evaluating arguments and information.
- Experience of providing expert advice to customers.
- Demonstrable evidence of developing and implementing policies in response to new or amended legislation, or Government initiatives.
- Demonstrable experience of managing initiatives and effectively managing resources to deliver those objectives.
- Demonstrable experience of monitoring and/or managing budgets effectively to deliver a service within available resources.
- Demonstrable experience of applying Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation to a range of cases.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to 29 days annual leave and a generous pension scheme as an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CPP00442.
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.