To provide a high quality, multi-disciplined and effective customer service ensuring that any enquiry is responded to in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. (The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the job may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed).
- Receive and assist customers visiting and contacting the Council via any means of communication to the highest standards of customer care as specified in the Customer Service Standards.
- Provide customer services across a range of functions on behalf of the Council and partner organisations as required.
- Record all contacts in the Customer Relationship Management System (CRM). If unable to deal with enquiry then identify service specialists and make appropriate transfer to ‘back office’.
- Interpretation of customer enquiry to establish correct management of enquiry which could include signposting, part completion or full resolution.
- Use comprehensive IT systems to manage enquiries, access information and to provide customers update information on outstanding enquiries (access and updating of administrative systems in ‘back office’ sections may be required).
- Actively encourage and promote the use of self service, supporting customers to do so face to face and over the telephone for council and library services.
- At all times, act as an ambassador for the customer service centre and South Kesteven District Council and assisting communications and/or liaison with staff in service sections, senior management, Councillors, members of the public and other agencies.
- Proactively help to resolve complaints including them on the CRM database and advising customers of applicable Complaints Procedures.