Are you a talented digital customer expert looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about exceptional online customer experience for all our customers across our platforms, embracing the challenge of creating and maintaining accessible websites with outstanding UX. If you are ready for a new challenge, continuing the transformation of our digital customer experience, then we want to hear from you.
At Portsmouth City Council, we are committed to putting our customers at the heart of everything we do and we are looking for a talented digital customer experience officer to lead the on-going development of websites that are designed and developed with our customers in mind.
The council's digital journey is already underway. Our website had £1.6m unique users in 2020/21, and supported more than £15.5m in payments, and the number of customers opting for online is increasing all the time. Having implemented a new website in 2019 using an open-source platform, we are now seeking a digital customer experience officer to play a key role in the next phase of our journey, continuing to support the development and improvement of our online presence, with data and customer insight absolutely integral to our approach.
You'll be joining a collaborative working environment as part of a dynamic and creative multi-disciplinary team. You'll be both supported by and providing support for your colleagues across customer transformation, customer services, marketing and communications, market research and design, sharing your knowledge and building your own expertise.
We believe in work-life balance too. The council is trialling hybrid working, and our expectation is that this role would spend one/two days per week in the office in the centre of Portsmouth, and three/four days a week working from home. And we believe in on-going professional development, and will discuss opportunities and aspirations, as well as working hours and location, with the successful candidate.
What is the role?
We need an experienced digital customer experience officer to continue to support the development of the council's website and digital channels, utilising exceptional UX and data analysis skills to ensure our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and driving the creation of high quality, accessible content.
The digital customer experience officer will own our digital reporting tools and be responsible for reporting on all data deriving from use of the council's digital channels and user experience performance. The post holder will have the ability to interrogate and interpret data using business analytical tools to identify issues and opportunities, provide recommendations and be confident in its execution to positively affect the customer experience across all digital channels, including the website, social media and email.
Reporting to the digital customer experience manager, the post holder will live and breathe customer journeys, placing the resident at the heart of every data-driven decision. The digital customer experience officer will also be responsible for creating/developing website architecture, focusing on the council website and intranet, as well as on websites developed for internal and external clients.
Responsible for the continual improvement of the customer experience on multiple digital channels, the digital customer experience officer will be experienced in implementing performance measures, including MVT/AB testing and user behaviour tracking. They will also be highly organised, scheduling customer journey audits, monitoring and reporting on user experience based on established KPIs, and drawing actionable insights, taking a proactive approach in effecting any changes.
The post holder will play a key role in facilitating customer user groups, working with customers in a live environment to observe user behaviour and to ensure insight from the way our digital channels are used in practice informs development of channels. The post holder will also work closely with the customer contact centre to ensure resident feedback is used to inform digital channels.
In addition, the digital customer experience officer will be responsible for overseeing the content on the council's website and intranet, ensuing content is clear and accessible for our customers. The post holder will use data insight to assess effectiveness of content, identify improvements and liaise with internal stakeholders. The post holder will be confident writing and editing digital content for various digital channels, as the role will also involve creating and editing content.
The post holder will play a key role in ensuring the council is compliant with accessibility legislation, including maintaining accessibility statements and carrying out accessibility checks using specialist software.
The post holder will champion and help the council, through effective stakeholder management, understand the need to make data-driven decisions to deliver progressive improvements to the digital customer experience.
Who is the person?
The digital customer experience officer will be responsible for all data derived from use of the council's digital channels and will look to make tangible improvements to the customer experience based on data-driven decisions. The post holder will also be responsible for content across the website and intranet, ensuring content is clear and accessible, and supporting the digital customer experience assistants to uphold standards around quality.
What you must have:
- You will have a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area and/or an appropriate relevant professional qualification and proven experience in a similar role
- You will have significant proven experience in a similar role
- You will be an analytical expert with a demonstrable range of experience across multiple digital channels
- You will be highly analytical, able to prove you have strong attention to detail with an ability to understand, analyse, report on and present/visualise data in an engaging way
- You will have proven expert knowledge of user experience, including usability and accessibility best practices, using data insight to successfully implement clear and effective data-driven customer journeys across a range of digital channels, making tangible improvements to customer experience
- You will have knowledge of the creation of wireframes, user journeys and IA diagrams, to help communicate the future direction of digital channels
- You will have advanced knowledge of Google analytics (and other relevant Business Analytical tools), understanding user behaviour and funnel analysis and using this to inform digital strategy and drive consumer-centric changes across digital channels
- You will have proven experience successfully developing and implementing performance measures (including testing and tracking) that have delivered positive results to the customer experience through a robust test and learn approach
- You will be able to demonstrate anticipating and identifying trends in data
- You will have demonstrable advanced level MS Excel skills and experience of creating and managing daily, weekly and monthly dashboards and reports through Google Analytics
- You will have knowledge of social media content, analytics and listening tools and have an understanding of how multiple digital channels work in harmony
- You will have the ability to multi-task with a high level of accuracy and manage competing priorities to deliver to deadlines
- You will have the ability to identify problems and proactively seek solutions
- You will have the ability to demonstrate an excellent standard of written English, including plain English skills
- You will have proven experience writing, editing and managing digital content for websites and social media, demonstrating an understanding of HTML, SEO and accessibility principles
- You will have experience of working with content management systems (CMS)
- You will have experience of establishing working relationships and effectively communicating with key stakeholders at all levels