Job Title: Admin Support Officer – Highways
Location: County Hall, Hertford
Salary Range: £19312 progressing to £20903 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
The Highways Business Support Team is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person to join this busy team as a Support Officer.
Your duties will primarily include assisting the Business Support Team, ensuring quality systems and documented procedures are operated to required standards.
You may also be required to provide support to the customer Journey side of the team with complaints and the social media accounts.
You will possess excellent attention to detail, have the ability to pro-actively monitor and respond to all customer enquiries. Excellent communication, IT and Customer Care skills are essential. You will have an enquiring mind and a zest to explore further.
Duties may involve a combination of the following tasks:
- Provide a full range of administrative duties and deal with all matters in accordance with local procedures.
- Update and manage computer databases and spreadsheets including the Highways Information Management System.
- Undertake research to include interrogating databases and various systems
- Responsibility for Health and Safety for team/work area.
- Managing customer contact, liaising with highway experts to provide effective responses to agreed standards and maintaining confidentiality throughout.
- Monitor Social Media Accounts involving undertaking research work, compiling reports, assisting with the impact, and making recommendations.
- To demonstrate empathy, understanding and awareness of customers’ needs and the Services’ reputation.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present. The post holder is expected to accept any reasonable alterations that may from time to time be necessary.
For an informal discussion please contact Helen Dennett on 01992658477
Closing date: 22 October 2021
Interview dates: Week commencing 1 November 2021
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.
Important Note re Interviews: Where we are able to, and in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines in regard to social distancing, all interviews will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, should you be shortlisted for an interview.
Hard to Fill Roles
Overseas Applications: We will accept applications from all applicants from outside, as well as from within the UK. Sponsorship opportunities may be available
Non Hard to Fill Roles
Overseas Applications: We will accept applications from all applicants who already have an established right to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide sponsorships for this post
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Why Hertfordshire: Watch our ‘Why Hertfordshire’ video. Our staff use their own words to tell their story and share their experiences of what it is like working here. Take your next step in your career.
CS Roles Only: We expect all Children Services employees to fulfil Hertfordshire's Professional Promise for how children, young people & young adults with special educational needs and / or disabilities and their families should be treated. It is our agreement to place families and children at the centre of what we do, and helps parents and carers to understand and be able to hold us to account for how we provide our services. For further information please visit:‘Professional Promise’
Hertfordshire County Council is currently undertaking a review of its pay structure and terms and conditions. The council is undertaking this review as part of its commitment to continuing to be an employer of choice, by ensuring that its pay and terms and conditions are relevant to future working practices. You can read more about this on our website
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.