Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are looking to recruit 2 full time and 1 part time Contact Supervisors to join the team offering quality supervised contact to looked after children and their families. The supervised contact service contributes to improving the experience of looked after children by providing the necessary support and supervision to enable children and their family members to meet during periods of separation, as a result of coming under the care of our looked after children Social Care Service.
You will be responsible for supervising contact sessions between children/young people and their parents or family members, recording observations and producing reports for court. The role will also include transporting children to and from contact.
We are seeking motivated individuals with a "can-do" attitude who demonstrate a passion for working with children and families. A great team player, you will be able to work flexibly to meet the demands of the busy service and be able to communicate effectively, working sensitively with children, their families and foster careers. You will also able to build effective working relationships with our Social Work Colleagues, foster cares and associated professional. Experience of working with looked after Children's, Children in Need or vulnerable children and their families is essential.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.