Are you interested in joining the dedicated and enthusiastic Electoral Services team at Wokingham Borough Council? We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Electoral Services Officer.
The role involves supporting the Electoral Services Manager in the strategic planning, organisation and operational delivery of all elections and referendums, as well as maintaining the register of electors. Key responsibilities include leading on certain election projects such as the verification and count, working alongside colleagues in Democratic Services on the recruitment of temporary election staff and acting as a source of guidance for other members of the team.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
• Extensive working knowledge of the legislative frameworks surrounding Elections and Electoral Registration
• Completion of the AEA Foundation Course and AEA Certificate or be prepared to undertake it.
• Experience of administering national and local elections and have a good working knowledge of Electoral Management Systems, preferably Xpress.
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to deliver high quality work within strict deadlines.
• A flexible approach to the role and a willingness to work additional hours and weekends during the election period.
In return we can offer you flexible working, 29 days holiday, local government pension scheme, and a variety of other staff benefits.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
To request further information or to have an informal discussion about this role, please email Sam Whitcher, Electoral Services Manager at email@example.com to arrange a mutually convenient time for a conversation.
Closing date: 11pm, 31 October 2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.