We have an exciting opportunity for a Case Officer to join our busy Disabled Facilities Grant Team. Apply now and become a valued member of the Service Delivery Case team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
Fixed Term (up to 31 March 2023)
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- Gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
This is a varied and interesting role working closely with the Occupational Health Team, ensuring projects are carried out to meet the needs of the client in the most timely, efficient and cost effective way. You will be required to make site visits to the client’s home to carry out surveys and design appropriate adaptations to the property. This process will involve liaising with Contractors, Landlords, Housing Associations as well as our internal Planning and Building Control Officers.
What we’re looking for…
- A candidate with strong administration and organisational skills
- Someone who has a good understanding of the needs of clients with varying disabilities.
- Someone who is able to manage their own case load, as well as provide support to the rest of the team, as and when required
- Previous experience of using Civica APP or similar, would be beneficial
- Knowledge and previous experience of using AutoCAD would be advantageous
- You must have excellent attention to detail as you will be required to accurately maintain database and finance records
- You will need to be resilient, proactive, resourceful, sensitive in your approach and have the ability to problem solve
- Flexibility is key, so if you are flexible in your approach, are prepared to “muck in” and want to make a positive difference, then this could be the role for you
For an informal chat about this post, please contact Angela Marston, Service Delivery Team Leader on (01935 462012).
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.
South Somerset is committed to the safety of its residents, the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.