Job Title: Driver Support Worker
Location: Garden City Day Services
Salary Range: £18,562 - £19.312 pa (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 25hrs per week, this is a split shift, your working hours will be Monday to Friday 8.30am to 11am then 2.30pm to 5.00pm
- We are looking for a person to help us support adults with leaning and physical disabilities. Your role will be to transport people to and from their homes to the days service. You will do this is in a safe and proper manner and you will have a full valid UK driving license with a category D1 entitlement.
- You will be required to do manual handling of people in wheelchairs on and off the vehicle.
- You will also need to be flexible to work additional hours.
- Part of your role will be to join in activities with service users and assist people with some personal needs where necessary
- Your role will also be to ensure the vehicle is road worthy and carry out daily and weekly checks on the vehicle.
Benefits from working for Welwyn and Hatfield Day Service and HCC.
Welwyn and Hatfield Day Service is within close range to several superstores, Asda, Tesco and Sainsburys were you may be able to make use of Herts Rewards discounts on your shopping. Herts Rewards may also give you discounts for example on cinema tickets, Argos and B&Q to name just a few.
We also offer several other benefits such as:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
If you would like an informal discussion and more information, please contact Russell Williams at Garden City Day Opportunities.
Closing Date: 25 October 2021
Interview Date: 5 November 2021