Job Title: Day Service Support Worker
Location: Welwyn and Hatfield Day Services
Salary: £18,562 - £19,698
Hours: 37 hours per week
We want you to join our team in working with others to provide real opportunities for the people who use our day services to have fun, do new things, achieve their goals and to be fully part of their local community.
The Day Service Support Worker role involves supporting people with learning disabilities in the local community and within our own Covid19 secure centres in Welwyn and Hatfield. You will support people with their daily activities, personal care, emotional and health needs and to be part of the local community. Encouraging and supporting people to develop and maintain their skills and to be as independent as possible. It is essential that once trained, you have the ability to undertake manual handling tasks on a daily basis including assisting people with personal/intimate care, pushing people in wheelchairs, implementing health programmes such as physical exercise and escorting on transport. Other duties involve liaising with parents, carers and other professionals and completing necessary paperwork.
In return, we offer:
- Supervision, support and induction training which will enable you to gain the nationally recognised Care Certificate.
- A comprehensive range of training courses including the opportunity to work towards RQF qualifications
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys Tesco, New Look, M & S, Curry’s and many more)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee assistance scheme – giving staff advice and support on a range of topics such as housing, benefits, debt, counselling and many others.
If you do not complete a full supporting statement your application will be rejected. For an informal discussion, please contact Sue McIndoe or Esther O’Daly on 01438 314181.
Closing date: 25 October 2021
Interview dates: 5 November 2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.