Bursting with culture, energy and opportunity, Waltham Forest is a place people want to live and work. As part of an effective Health, Safety & Wellbeing Team within People and Organisational Development, you will report to the Head of Health, Safety and Wellbeing. You will provide practical advice, guidance, support and training to managers and staff across the Council and for schools; helping to implement the health and safety policy and management system. To achieve this, you will have lead responsibility to provide support to at least one of our major directorates, run designated training sessions, conduct premises safety and health checks including follow up visits and support the improvement of staff wellbeing. You will hold the NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma, or equivalent, or be working towards the qualification and have relevant experience. You will be flexible with an ability to provide practical solutions and to influence change for health, safety and wellbeing issues.
- a learning and growth opportunity, which encompasses our key values Fellowship, Opportunity, Respect, Equality and diversity, Service, Trust (FOREST)
- enrolment on the Local Government Pension Scheme,
- 28 days holiday rising to 31 days after 5 years of service
- flexible working arrangements
- access to the cycle purchase scheme
- season ticket loan
- discounted gym membership fee with GLL for access to our 5 leisure centres
- family friendly policies including childcare deposit loan scheme
- ability to buy more annual leave
- access to a credit union
- wellbeing support
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.