Full Time – Permanent
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the London Borough of Redbridge for an experienced, Child Care Lawyer to join the Council to provide a comprehensive and professional legal service.
You will report to the Principal Lawyer – Social Care within the Legal Department. You will also work closely with other Council departmental clients and specialist departments.
You will provide the Council with expert advice and guidance on aspects of childcare proceedings related work and have extension experience in the preparation of court processes.
- Provide expertise, knowledge and advice on all matters relating to children’s social care functions, including public law care proceedings, adoption, child protection and fostering.
- Conduct a full range of work types in this area of work.
- Utilising skills and experience gained within a similar position, you will report to the Principal Lawyer (Social Care) and will have your own complex and varied caseload.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold a Solicitor, Barrister, FILEX or similar qualification
- Have experience of childcare cases, preferably in a local government context
- Excellent knowledge of the law and practice in this area of law
If you feel you meet the above requirements and are keen to join an ambitious, dynamic and innovative team, we would like to hear from you.
Salary will be dependent on experience
If you are interested in the role, please contact Bahia.Daifi@redbridge.gov.uk for an informal discussion.
To apply for this job please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk
Ambitious for Redbridge