If you are a qualified social worker with three years post qualification experience in children’s social care and would like to sit on Foster Panel, we’d like to hear from you.
We want to increase diversity of our foster panel members and would welcome applications from people from all backgrounds.
Remuneration: £100 per 4 hour half-day and £25 per case thereafter
Bracknell Forest Council is committed to keeping children within their own family or community where this is possible and to maintaining contact between children living in foster families and their birth families where this appears to be in the child’s best interest. Our Foster Panel’s ethos is committed to promoting this.
What it’s like working in our team…
Our central list comprises of a diverse professional group of people that are all child-focussed.
The independent panel chair and panel advisor are highly experienced and offer guidance and support to foster panel members
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare in foster care.
- A valuing of diversity in relation to issues of ethnicity, religion, gender, disability and sexuality.
- An understanding of, and a commitment to the need for confidentiality.
- A willingness to increase knowledge and understanding of issues through reading, discussion and training.
- A willingness to contribute constructively to the annual appraisal/review of your Central List panel membership, and to that of the Panel Chair
The benefits you will experience are…
- At least one day of training a year
What we’re looking for…
We are seeking an experienced Social Work England registered social worker with at least three years post-qualification experience in children’s social care to sit as an independent member on our monthly Foster Panels.
The successful candidate will provide the services as detailed in the job description. The HM Revenue and Customs ‘off-payroll work rule’ (IR35) will apply to the role. As a result, to comply with these regulations payments will be processed via PAYE payroll with associated tax and national insurance deductions at source.
Interview date is to be confirmed.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
If you would like to know more about this excellent opportunity please contact Alison Benjamin, Foster Panel Advisor at Alison.Benjamin@bracknell-forest.gov.uk