We are committed to flexible working, so please read the Job and Person Profile to find out about the types of flexible or part time working available for this role.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Climate Emergency Programme Manager based at Endeavour House, Ipswich. You will coordinate the delivery of the recently published Suffolk Climate Emergency Plan. Hosted by Suffolk County Council, you will be working in partnership with all Suffolk councils and many other public sector organisations to achieve the goal of net-zero carbon emissions.
We are looking for someone:
- with strong knowledge and experience of leading teams to manage complex programmes
- who has a track record of working collaboratively, building relationships and a network of contacts, to deliver the best outcomes
- able to operate at a senior level with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with colleagues and partner organisations.
You will be working with a group of highly motivated professionals to coordinate the implementation of Suffolk's joint public sector response to the declaration of a Climate Emergency and aspiration to achieve net-zero emissions by 2030. Effectively leading a portfolio of projects across multiple partners to support carbon reduction within individual homes, communities, and businesses, supporting Suffolk's transition to a net-zero carbon economy.
- Manage and oversee the multiple projects required for the successful implementation of the Plan
- Innovate and identify sources of external funding to deliver actions within the Plan
- Develop partnerships, synergies, and connections with a wide range of stakeholders to implement objectives
- Ensure data collection and monitoring is in place to provide decision-makers with appropriately detailed information
- Use up-to-date research, national policy, and legislation to develop and promote improved local policy and new ways of working
- Effectively manage resources and procurement of goods and services.
You will be working for senior leaders and with their teams from across Suffolk's public sector organisations, which have all made strong commitments to collaborate and respond to the Climate Emergency.
We will offer you:
- the chance to work with a team of dedicated and supportive professionals using your programme management experience to tackle the Climate Emergency
- training to expand and improve your skills and the opportunity to develop and deliver projects that make a difference.
Travelling requirements for your role
Infrequent Travel - We positively encourage the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions, there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you. If you require a reasonable adjustment due to a disability to meet the travel requirements of this role, please speak with the contact detailed below.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Steve Palfrey on 07734 478767 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply and for more information, please follow this link and take note of the application instructions.
Closing date: 24 October 2021.
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed above.
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.