Rutland County Council are looking for a Planning Officer to deliver an efficient, effective and customer focused Development Control service and support us in achieving our required performance targets. We are looking for a candidate with good knowledge of DC/Planning, who understands current planning issues and legislation and who has good knowledge of local government procedures and practices. The Planning Officer will deal with all aspects of handling planning, listed buildings, tree, advertisement and other related applications from receipt through to Committee.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent (preferably in Planning)
- MRTPI status
- Great team worker
- Ability to use a wide range of IT systems such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and databases
- Good written and oral communication
- Ability to manage own workload with limited supervision and to meet work deadlines
About the role…
The Planning Officer is a varied role and the post holder will:
- Provide advice and deal with planning enquiries from elected Members, Parish Councils and members of the public, negotiating with applicants on all aspects of development proposals
- Negotiate amendments to applications and preparing and presenting reports to meetings of the appropriate Council Committee
- Caseload management to exceed targets in the National Performance Indicators
- Assisting the Enforcement Officer and Conservation Officer in their duties
- Preparation of statements and presenting evidence for Planning Appeals
The Planning Officer interviews will be held during week commencing 8 November 2021. Please note that this may be subject to change, in which case we will give appropriate notice.
Our offer to you:
We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
Rutland County Council encourages a healthy work life balance, and we welcome discussions regarding flexible working.
How to Apply
To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact Justin Johnson, Development Manager on 01572 720950 or email: email@example.com.
Click on the apply button which will redirect you to the Jobs Go Public (JGP site) where we handle all of our vacancies. If you already have a JGP account you will be asked to login, or alternatively if you don’t have an account you will be guided through the set up process. Access to an account is necessary as all updates regarding your application will be sent via the JGP site to the email you have registered.
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758343 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will be sent out via email from the Jobs Go Public site. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.