Hours of work: 32.5 hours
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Tuesday 19 October 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
West St Leonards Primary Academy
Harley Shute Road
St Leonards on Sea
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
WEST ST LEONARDS PRIMARY ACADEMY
SINGLE STATUS GRADE 3
32.5 HOURS A WEEK TERM TIME ONLY
PERMANENT CONTRACT 8.30AM – 3.30PM
Could you be our new school Receptionist?
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, efficient, friendly, reliable person to work in our busy school office.
This is a pivotal role as you will be the first point of contact for all visitors to our academy as such you will be representing our values and ethos. The successful appointee will show commitment towards the role and the academy and be adaptive and flexible in their willingness to work as part of a team to ensure the office runs efficiently and smoothly.
You will need to have excellent interpersonal and IT skills. Previous school experience is an advantage but not essential.
Other necessary qualities include confidentiality and being able to work on your own initiative.
You will be the first point of contact for most incoming telephone calls so a good telephone manner is essential.
Other duties/qualities will include photocopying, filing, taking deliveries and other general office duties as they arise. Administrating First Aid – training will be provided.
Closing date for applications: December 16th 2019 at 12 noon
Interviews will be held: December 18th 2019
Completed application and equal opportunities forms to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates wishing to visit the academy are also very welcome to do so. Visits/conversations can be organised by calling or emailing Mrs Fleri, PA to Principal on 01424 422080 or email@example.com
Thank you for your interest.
JOB TITLE School Receptionist
EMPLOYER University of Brighton Academies Trust
LOCATION (Academy) West St Leonards Primary Academy
RESPONSIBLE TO Principal / Principal’s PA
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB School Receptionist/Meeting /Greeting and general office duties to include First Aid
MAIN TASKS / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To act as the first point of contact for the school: welcoming visitors and responding to telephone and emails enquiries in a helpful and constructive manner and ensuring that appropriate actions are taken in a timely manner
- Ensuring the safety and security of the school at all times, making sure that all visitors sign in and take an appropriate visitor badge
- Communicating with parents regarding all aspects of school life, receiving and passing on information between parents and teachers
- Maintaining and updating school information, records and databases
- Receive, sort and distribute all packages, deliveries and mail
- Assisting in the production of the weekly newsletter and other school notices, posters and publications
- Assisting with various administrative tasks and duties, utilising word, excel, publisher, outlook email and the school database (training will be provided)
- To administrate First Aid. To already hold or be willing to be trained to administer first aid.
This Job Description is correct at the time of print and gives the main responsibilities and tasks of the role. These may however be changed or added to as appropriate.
There may also be the need for staff to undertake additional duties from time to time, appropriate to the level of the post. Should these additional tasks become a frequent part of the role, the job description will be revised through consultation with the post holder.
- This post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check
- This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) – applicants must be prepared to disclose all criminal convictions and cautions including those that would otherwise be spent under the Act.
University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A good level of computer skills. Familiarity with Microsoft applications, including: word, excel, publisher and Outlook
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent organisational skill and ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, in person, telephone and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent Customer Service Skills with the ability to use discretion, patience, tact and respect for confidentiality
- Experience of working in a busy environment
- Experience of multitasking and working flexibly
- Being part of a team
- Demonstrable experience of working with systems and procedures
- Experience of working with adults and children
- Willingness to develop self and skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively and as part of a team
- Ability to use initiative and be self motivating
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.