Hours of work: 32 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Sunday 31 October 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Churchwood Primary Academy
Church in the Wood Lane
St Leonards on Sea
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
At Churchwood Primary Academy our Early Years Village is seeking a passionate, positive team member to work within our Nursery setting. We require a practitioner who:
- Is experienced and energetic about providing high quality care and education in the Early Years;
- Holds a Level 3 Qualification in Early Years Childcare or relevant equivalent
- Have suitable Mathematics and English qualifications - either functional skills at level 2 or a GCSE qualification to at least grade C (grade 4)
- Have sound ICT skills;
- Can work as part of a team that plans for and delivers the EYFS for children aged 2-5 years, by tuning into their individual needs and next steps;
- Is enthusiastic about delivering an inspirational indoor and outdoor learning environment to meet the needs of all the children in the setting;
- Has experience and knowledge of maintaining care routines and making strong partnerships with parents and carers;
- Is willing to deputise whilst the Nursery Teacher has non-contact time
A particular interest in Outdoor Learning and/or SEND would be an advantage;
If you are seeking a new challenge or progression in your career and this post excites you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Experience and qualifications relating to the Early Years Foundation Stage and a good level of qualifications in terms of English, Mathematics and ICT are essential.
We are a high performing team at Churchwood and can offer you excellent CPD opportunities, a supportive team with a clear vision and engaging children who will inspire you every day
Visits to the academy are welcomed by arrangement. Please contact Mrs Giles at Bursar@churchwoodprimaryacademy.org.uk to arrange.
Applicants will be required to complete all necessary written work involved in this position. Employment will be subject to satisfactory Enhanced DBS clearances including the Disqualification under the Childcare Act. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.