Job start November 2021
Coppermill Primary school is a one-form entry primary school with a total of 300 pupils on roll with additional classes in Year 4. We have our own Nursery which offers mornings, afternoons and all day places.
We are a culturally diverse school based in Walthamstow, with an excellent reputation in the borough and within the local area. We are fully committed to professional development and as a forward thinking school we can offer exciting opportunities to further develop your leadership and educational interests. As a local authority maintained school we provide a well ordered, harmonious community with high expectations and high standards for work and behaviour
Coppermill has excellent transport links and is located within walking distance from Blackhorse Road underground station, on the Victoria line, and St James Street over ground station which has a direct link to Liverpool Street station.
We are currently seeking a Tea time Club Assistant to plan and deliver high quality activities for our children at the out-of-hours club.
The ideal candidate will possess previous experience, excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with children and work as part of a team; you should have a keen interest in and enjoy working with children from 3-11 years of age.
- To provide full care for the children attending the club including the safe collection from their classrooms and safe to delivery to parents.
- Ensure safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities in a safe and caring environment
- Administer first aid as necessary
- Understand children as individuals particularly the characteristics, needs and interests of each age group
- Supply, prepare and provide refreshments and snacks to the children
- Understand and adhere to the school’s policy on behavior and child protection
Key skills and competencies:
- Have or be working towards an appropriate childcare qualification
- Have previous experience of working with children aged 3 -11 years
- Have an understanding of good quality childcare
- Possess the ability to communicate at all levels and meet children’s individual needs
Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits welcome. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit to the school
Please also visit the school website coppermillprimary.co.uk
Coppermill Primary School
Tel: 020 8520 6267