PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £32,234 to £34,728
We have a vacancy for an Environment and Enforcement Manager to join our Street Scene service to oversee environmental enforcement, car parks, parking enforcement functions and business support.
At Mid Devon District Council, Cullompton our benefits include:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- A flexible benefits scheme including access to a discount shopping (online and high street) and events
- Discounted leisure memberships
- Free DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Free parking at site
- Flexible Working Hours scheme
As an Environment and Enforcement Manager your duties will include but are not limited to:
- To carry out the day-today management of the team by allocating work for the team, responding to peaks and troughs in workload. Lead, motivate, manage and develop the team ensuring that they are trained and fully able to meet the requirements of the service.
- To liaise with customer services in respect of customer care administration / monitoring of all Ombudsman and official complaints and FOI requests.
- To be responsible for administering Council Car parks including Income, FPNs, appeals, permits and reporting maintenance issues.
- To maintain the policies and procedures for activities in the service which includes, abandoned vehicles, stray dogs, environmental enforcement, performance management, compulsory recycling.
- Be part of the Street Scene Services management team and assist the Service Manager with the vision of the overall direction of the service as directed by Leadership team.
- Produce items for - and attend if necessary - policy development groups, senior officer forum, parish and town councils etc.
At Mid Devon District Council, Cullompton we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships
- Be a good communicator and negotiator
- Ability to communicate with a wide and varied range of audiences.
- Be analytical of problems and able to see options
- Ability to supervise and manage a team.
To find out more
For any questions or for an informal conversation regarding the position of Environment and Enforcement Manager at Hitchcocks Business Park, Cullompton please contact Darren Beer, Operations Manager for Street Scene and Open Spaces on 01884 234992.