To support social workers within the team and complete assessments and care management work. To comply with all relevant legislation, guidance, national and Departmental polices.
As a support worker in Blaenau Gwent you will be expected to provide assistance to the social workers, complete assessment and care management work in line with the policy and procedure of the Authority and to effectively manage a caseload. You will be expected to assist and empower service users to develop their potential for independence and enable them to exercise choices wherever possible. You will ensure the implementation of agreed plans, monitor progress and coordinate the process of reviews that involve service users, carers and associated professional and partner agencies. You will have the opportunity to act as an advocate in pursuit of the service users’ best interests, including educator to professional colleagues and the community at large, the needs and rights of the service user.
Qualifications essential to the role are NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care or an equivalent qualification in a relevant field and 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths and English.
Essential knowledge/skills include, but are not restricted to:
- Knowledge of current legislation, guidance regulations and standards
- Experience of working with children and their families in a statutory setting or within a voluntary organization.
- An understanding of child development
- An understanding of safeguarding children practices and procedures
- Excellent communication and report writing skills for a variety of audiences
- Able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently when required, showing drive and initiative
- I.T. literate
- Negotiation and mediation skills when working with families and other agencies
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Closing Date: 21st October 2021
Interview Date: 4th November 2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.