An opportunity has arisen to join the highly regarded forward thinking, Barnsley Virtual School team supporting the improving education outcomes of children in the care of BMBC.
The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting schools and education settings in the development of high quality, effective education plans for looked after children.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and guidance to a range of stakeholders on strategies to promote positive education outcomes for looked after children
- Supporting schools and early years setting in identifying effective use of pupil premium plus funding
- Providing advocacy/mediation for looked after children struggling to engage in education including those at risk of exclusion
- Promoting good school attendance
- Facilitating the engagement of looked after children with wider opportunities
- Providing advice and guidance to social care colleagues in relation to good practice in education and suitability of education placement.
- Providing advice and guidance on education matters for the families and carers of previously looked after children
- Supporting the head of the virtual school in delivering quality training for designated teachers, foster carers and social workers to promote positive education outcomes.
The successful candidate will have a relevant level 6 qualification and a minimum of three years’ experience working in an education setting . They will demonstrate a good understanding of the barriers to positive education outcomes for looked after and post looked after children and strategies successful in overcoming them. They will have knowledge of the national strategies, polices and legislation relevant to the education of looked after and post looked after children. The candidate must be willing to travel in connection with the post. The post is suitable for a job share.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.