About The Job
Salary: £35,934 - £38,813 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time, 37 hours per week
Contract Length: Fixed term, 31 March 2022
Location: Chichester County Hall & Working from Home
Interviews: 02 November 2021
This is an exciting opportunity to join West Sussex County Council and be at the heart of delivering excellent customer services which are modern, joined up, easy to find and easy to use.
The council has strong ambitions to improve its customer experience and deliver services where we put our customer first. The Customer Experience Service Improvement Lead will work within a collaborative team, and support the Customer Experience Business Change Analyst enable service areas to redesign customer journeys from a customer perspective, where they help solve the underlying cause (rather than just the presenting issue that the customer contacts us for in the first place) taking into account proportionality and cost effectiveness. The role will also be a key player in identifying and delivering the Council's digital innovation for customer service and channel shift, by taking a digital by design approach.
We are looking for a self-motivated and passionate person who comes from a customer service background with proven experience of bringing improvements, which delivers a good customer experience whilst delivering savings for the organisation. You will have a strong understanding of the needs of customers and how technology can enable a positive customer experience, you will demonstrate commitment to innovation and have a track record of making things happen.
Above all, you will need to show that you are passionate about making it easy for our customers to interact with public services in West Sussex.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrable experience and awareness of current Contact Centres operating models, customer service approaches, customer service theories, project management techniques and service redesign that bring efficiencies; a track record of working across multiple teams/organisations and securing expert input when required; and the ability to confidentially and credibly challenge the status quo.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to analyse and anticipate requirements, diagnose the salient problem, research the issues, and engage the appropriate colleagues and partners, to develop a clear brief for analysis.
- Excellent ability to research, analyse and interpret complex information combined with sound problem solving skills leading to logical and rational decisions based on available information. Ability to think creatively, innovatively, and laterally and to adapt methodologies to changing situations in a measured and flexible manner in order to respond to any change in circumstance.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with highly developed skills of negotiation and persuasion to influence the actions of others and communicate information which may be complex and contentious.
- Ability to set and monitor objectives / timescales in order to meet planned activities, including the ability to effectively organise / prioritise work and co-ordinate a variety of tasks in a clear and logical way and manage business expectations.
- Highly computer literate with sound and accurate IT skills in order to carry out research and analysis of complex data (including data collection and databases) and to produce appropriate reports and presentations.
- Ability to build an excellent relationship with a diverse range of stakeholders, customers, and suppliers.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Degree, or equivalent qualification or experience, demonstrating that level of applied knowledge in researching, analysing and evaluating arguments and information.
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
- Demonstrable evidence of effective use of analysis to identify complex trends from varied source data and presenting this information. Detailed knowledge of analytical techniques and software that can ensure that information is accurate, accessible, and timely.
- Demonstrable evidence of understanding information sources that are used to support a customer relationship function and presenting data to a range of audiences, including communications to customers about complex issues.
- Relevant advanced theoretical and organisational knowledge, across West Sussex County Council and other partners, of systems, procedures and policies associated with providing information about customer service delivery.
- Thorough working knowledge of organisational policies, practices and procedures of local authority and other associated areas, including Research Governance Framework.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the delivery of a customer focussed service with commercial acumen and the ability to influence the service community and challenge the status quo.
- Significant experience with a commercially driven customer service environment, demonstrating applied application of the above levels of knowledge in a relevant setting.
The reference number for this role is CPP00428 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Chloe Chatfield (Resourcing Advisor) at . For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.