Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
As the county of opportunity, we want Hertfordshire to continue to be a county where people can live healthy, fulfilling lives in thriving, prosperous communities.
This role is a new senior governance position created in the Pension Fund team to address the increasing and complex work in the Hertfordshire Local Government Pension (LGPS) and Fire Schemes. This role will be a key role within the Fund and will work alongside the Pension Fund Finance manager and report to the Head of Pensions, the responsible officer for the Fund.
We are looking for an officer who has considerable pensions governance and administration experience particularly in employer engagement, stakeholder communication, compliance, and the development of Fund policies and training to support the Fund decision makers. The post holder will work with senior officers, elected members, consultants, and stakeholders in the management of the £6bn Hertfordshire (LGPS) Fund and Fire schemes. You will be a senior member of the Hertfordshire Pension team responsible for delivering a high-quality service to the Fund’s various stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include.
- leading on the continuous review of LGPS regulations, associated legislation and guidance and development of Fund policies.
- Developing and embedding the Fund’s risk and assurance policy and developing a continuous culture of risk assessment and management within the Fund.
- the development and delivery of the Fund’s training and knowledge strategy for members of both the Pension Committee and Board so that members have the appropriate level of knowledge and understanding to carry out their duties effectively
- leading in the management of the communication strategy for the Fund that will include the new Fund website and stakeholder communications; and
- ensuring the provision of business focussed specialist pension advice to senior officers and elected members of the County Council in respect of the Local Government Pension and Fire Schemes.
To be suitable, you must be an experienced officer with an extensive knowledge of pension administration and governance, and a good technical knowledge of LGPS and fire regulations, and the ability to develop Fund policies. The ability to build relations, influence and challenge senior stakeholders and explain and articulate complex pension information is also essential.