9 posts x 20 hours
Wirral is home to vibrant, energetic and engaged communities, people who take real ownership of their local area and are passionate about making Wirral a better place. The council and its partners have pledged to #BeTheDifference.
We’ve got ambitious targets to meet by 2025. To achieve everything we have promised to our residents, we need people who are driven and ready to deliver the very best for our communities - #BeTheDifference.
- Work directly with young people to ensure the needs of children and their families are met within the short break and residential service.
- Support young people to develop effective sleep routines and with all aspects of personal care required during the night.
- To prepare written reports of the young person's stay and any concerns.
- To make regular checks on young people throughout the night as per young person's Care Plan and Personal Profile.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are complied with to provide for a safe workplace and living environment.
- Support managers in the improvement of the home's performance against Children's Homes Regulations and Quality Standards.
- Support the Registered Manager in ensuring the service is delivered in line with and taking account of the departments Equal Opportunities Policy.
Work alongside a team of staff to deliver a focussed service to children with disabilities whilst receiving short breaks and residential care.
Provide individual support to service users to ensure their individual needs are detailed in Personal/Care/Behaviour Management plans and Risk Assessments are met.
Knowledge of services users, support their communication in identifying their own needs, provide advice and role modelling as appropriate.
Support delivery of Personal/Care/Support plans for young people.
Ensure young people who are awake throughout the night and early morning are provided with appropriate support in relation to their care, dietary requirements, and communication.
Support the development of effective relationships and communications with partner agencies and services providers to share information, build working relationships and to ensure joined up service provision in the best interest of children and young people.
Support the administration of medication in conjunction with the Night Residential Child Care Officers. To escort young people to hospital when required
Night and weekend enhancements apply to this post.
For more information please contact Mike Southern - firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to #BeTheDifference?
Click below and tell us why.
The successful applicant must have the ability to converse with members of the public and provide advice in accurate, spoken English
This post is subject to Enhanced Level DBS check.
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.
It is Council policy not to re-appoint any employee who has left under the terms of the Council’s Early Voluntary Retirement (EVR) scheme or who have left with a voluntary severance (VS) package, unless in exceptional circumstances
Applications will be accepted until midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications.
Applications can only be accepted through the Jobs page following registration. Forms received via the post will not be processed.
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK. Details of required documents can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the Jobs page.
The job description and other supporting documents will not be accessible once the vacancy closing date has passed so if a copy is required you should download it now.
How to Apply
Please apply online by clicking the link below