About The Job
Salary: Grade 8 £25,991 to £28,672
Working Pattern: Full time, 37 hours
Contract Length: Permanent
Location(s): Littlehampton, Shoreham-by-Sea and Worthing
This role will supervise the day-to-day operations and have lead responsibilities and subject matter expertise for agreed areas of the service. The role will provide formal supervision, advice and support to an identified group of staff.
You will role model expected work practice and demonstrate the values of the organisation. This will include participating in a range of activities of daily living as required (e.g. personal care, mobility, medication etc.).
This role takes a key position in building trust with partners and family members to promote positive work, whilst offering realistic outcomes for people accessing the service. You will attend training, meetings, and staff team and development days as
Experience and Skills
To apply for this tole, please complete an expression of interest no longer than one side of A4 describing "Why you are interested in this role and what strengths, knowledge and skills you can bring to the role of Day Opportunity Coordinator?".
- A detailed understanding of the needs of the people you will be supporting. You will be a champion of coproduction and strength-based approaches in social care.
- You will need to demonstrate compassion for the person's situation and be able to identify, develop and apply practical solutions.
- You will embed 'ordinary life' principles in daily practice and help and support staff, people accessing Day Opportunities, families, paid and unpaid carers, colleagues and other stakeholders to understand the value of this approach.
- You will act as a champion and lead in designated areas of daily practice - e.g. support planning, risk assessment and positive risk taking, positive behaviour techniques, Health and Safety, transport, supporting with eating and drinking etc.
- You will be able to communicate clearly with the people accessing the service and participate in conversations with all stakeholders. You will be able to adapt language appropriately, being aware of the sensitivities of language when working with a diverse range of people.
- You will be able to negotiate and manage priorities, expectations and responses to ensure that people's needs are met.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Minimum of 4 GCSE's including English Language and Maths/equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrable experience in a social care setting or similar service
- Lead Practitioner in Care or equivalent - Level 4 is desirable. If you do not have this qualification you will begin this within the first 6 months in role.
- Post holder will hold a UK full driving license - desirable but not essential.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually.
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme.
- A range of flexible working options.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03223 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Steve Roberts, Service Manager on 03302 228 986.
For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!