PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £22,183 to £24,491
We are looking to expand our already successful Building Services Team by recruiting an enthusiastic mason. The post holder will primarily be working as part of our Responsive Repairs Team responding to reactive maintenance calls across the district. Dependent upon workload and priorities the successful candidate may also be required to work within our Void Property or Adaptations team.
Work will be varied comprising of general masonry tasks including rendering and skimming sections of wall, removing fire places and making good, basic roofing repairs, fencing, path laying, and small sections of block/brickwork, as well as other tasks associated with the trade. Although we would ideally seek candidates who have a good level of competency in each of these elements of the masonry trade, we would also be happy to hear from a candidate with a specialist in one of these areas, who is keen to develop.
For this post you will ideally have an NVQ or C-Skills Diploma in Maintenance Operations, although someone with the right experience will also be considered. It is essential that the post holder is confident and self-motivated at all times. Previous experience of responsive repairs work within the social housing sector would help you hit the ground running, but is not essential, and a reasonable understanding of
The hours of work will be 37 per week between Monday and Friday, with a degree of flexibility and on occasions there may be opportunities for enhanced rate overtime on weekends and evenings. The successful candidate may also be required to be part of the out of hour’s emergency service should demand dictate.
Applicants must have a full driving license and be customer and quality focused.
Mid Devon District Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free Car Parking
- CSSC offering discounts in shops, restaurants, cinemas, hotels and insurance benefits
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Generous annual leave, flexible working arrangements and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Staff discounts in our leisure centers
- Employee Assistance Program and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
To find out more
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Rosie Wills on 01884 233002.