PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £20,092 to £21,748
Do you have transferable skills and want a fresh challenge? Do you value development and challenge? We have an opportunity for a full time Corporate Property & Commercial Assets Caretaker to support our services across Mid Devon based out of our Head Office in Tiverton.
At Mid Devon District Council, Tiverton our benefits include:
- Competitive rate of pay and Local Government pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- A flexible benefits scheme including access to a discount shopping (online and high street) and events
- Discounted leisure memberships
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
As a Corporate Property & Commercial Assets Caretaker your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Report to and liaise with the Property Services team with regards to repairs being completed and keeping the Corporate Facilities Manager informed of any works required as well.
- Carrying out all core and other trade related repairs as instructed (see appendix A).
- Respond swiftly to all trade emergency situations and resolve them efficiently.
- Undertake all work efficiently and cost effectively, minimising non-productive time wherever possible and reporting any difficulties encountered to the Corporate Facilities Manager
At Mid Devon District Council, Tiverton we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships
- General knowledge of mechanical plant and equipment
- Knowledge of minor building works, painting and decorating, plaster repairs
- Hold a full driving licence as will be required to drive a council vehicle
- Previous caretaking experience
To find out more information about Mid Devon District Council please visit: https://www.middevon.gov.uk/your-council/
For any questions or for an informal conversation regarding the position of Corporate Property & Commercial Assets at Mid Devon District Council, Tiverton please contact Keith Ashton (Corporate Facilities Manager) on 01884 234281.
To find out more
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Keith Ashton, Corporate Facilities Manager on 01884 234281.