Salary: £15,223 to £18,928 Per Year
Part-Time (3.5 days per week - 25.9hrs per week)
New Directions College is Reading Borough Council’s Community Learning and Skills service. This year we’re celebrating 63 years of Adult Learning in Reading.
We’re seeking a talented marketing and publicity officer to join us on our journey towards outstanding. This is an interesting and exciting role at the heart of our strategic development plans.
This is a part time position for 25.9 hours per week. This post is shared with another Officer who focuses on managing our Leisure and Wellbeing courses and you will work closely with each other. This post reports to the Principal and will work very closely with cross College colleagues in our small and friendly team.
You will have prior experience within a similar role and ideally within the post compulsory education sector. You must have a good local knowledge of Reading and must be able to pro-actively promote the College using social and digital media.
A key element to this role is building effective relationships and communicating well, therefore you must be able to present to a high standard, have exceptional communication skills and be a confident user of digital technology.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay.
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities.
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work.
For more information on the role please contact Lisa Welch (Deputy Principal) email@example.com or 07966 189 883.
Closing date: Sunday 17th October 2021
Interview date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
An Enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure will be sought from the successful candidate.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success.