Communications, Marketing and Engagement Specialist
We’re looking for an innovative, forward-thinking person to join our Communications, Engagement and Marketing team and help us communicate and engage with all our residents.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to our residents and communities we serve. You will play a central part in keeping residents and stakeholders informed and engaged, as we transform the way we work for residents.
Your responsibilities will include delivering activities in support of our Communications, Engagement and Marketing strategies, campaigns and plans. You’ll apply your creative flair and technical know how to create content through a variety of channels such as social media, online and offline media, video, animation, and more. You will also be responsible for responding to media enquiries and copy writing for WBC publications including news releases.
These are just some of thing things you will be involved with. The role also supports our communications and engagement with the Council’s elected councillors and colleagues.
You’ll be a brand ambassador for the organisation ensuring, contributing to the Council’s Corporate Delivery Plan and our overarching aspiration to make our customers love us and to be the best we can be.
If you think you have got what it takes, and aren’t afraid to get stuck in, we’d love to hear from you.
You will have:
- The ability to develop and deliver innovative ways to engage with residents via a range of methods.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and work to tight deadlines
- Good communication skills, demonstrating the ability to create and deliver compelling and engaging communications, engagement and marketing which supports organisation’s priorities
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Producing high quality social media content
- Writing good copy for news releases, webpages and newsletters to deliver the Council’s messages
- Responding to media enquiries and social media posts
- Helping to design, deliver and promote engagement campaigns, including public consultations) to reach all sections of the community
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Good understanding of social media, communications and engagement
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good writing skills and keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to create engaging social media content
- Closing date: 11pm, Friday 29 October
- Interviews: Week commending 8 November
- Please contact David Allen firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about these opportunities.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.