Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Sunday 24 October 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact Emma Knight - Senior Contract Officer on 07522 217908
About the role
The Property Contracts Team at East Sussex County Council are seeking to appoint a Business Support Officer. Can you bring your skills to help deliver an effective and friendly service supporting the delivery of the County Council services? Are you organised and enjoy elements of finance? If so, we would like to hear from you.
JOB TITLE: Business Support Officer
DEPARTMENT: Business Services
LOCATION: County Hall, Lewes
GRADE: East Sussex Single Status Grade 6
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Contracts Officer
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To provide a professional and comprehensive Business Support service to the FM and Contracts Team. This includes administering the contract and FM payment systems and ensuring that all statistical information systems are updated. To prepare and analyse data and contribute to the production of management information and reports.
To support the FM Manager in transformation and improvement activities within the FM and Contracts Team.
1. Provide local financial and business administration support to the FM Manager. This will include: investigating and analysing operational budget queries; supporting colleagues to identify the budgetary aspects of operational decisions; overseeing local financial data systems and SAP to ensure that they are complete and accurate; providing prompt, accurate and easy-to-use local financial information as required to managers.
2. To accurately charge clients and schools for the various contracted and variation services provided to them. To reconcile the income and respond to any billing enquiries appropriately, in a timely manner, whilst working with the relevant contract managers.
3. Administer payment runs, reconciliation and approval of invoices and action Contract Variation Orders and defaults for the contracts team.
4. Collate audits and KPI checks on contracted services.
5. Assist in the review of service inspections and improvement plans.
6. Log and manage customer feedback and actions
7. Assist the Contracts and FM team with performance data and reports
8. Undertake administrative duties in accordance with statutory and departmental requirements including providing telephone cover and message service, process incoming and outgoing mail.
9. Follow established ordering procedures to ensure adequate resources are available
10. Minute, produce and distribute accurate records of contract review meetings and circulate agreed actions from minutes
11. Accurately input data into computerised departmental systems, databases and spreadsheets and process, retrieve, analyse and cleanse data as necessary.
12. Administer transactional financial processes, including payment cards for ordering goods and service, petty cash and processing invoices in line with Council standards.
13. To manage the rates billings for ESCC properties, ensuring timely payment and rectification of rates queries.
14. To manage surplus property with regards to Guardian’s billing.
15. Compiling forecasting report, works orders, invoice processing and approval, production of regular finance reports and support with price reviews.
16. To ensure that intranet guidance, policies and self-service information relating to the FM service is up to date and fit for purpose.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.