About the Post:
Term Time Only 37 hours per week
An opportunity has arisen to join the highly regarded, forward thinking, Barnsley Virtual School team supporting the improving education outcomes of children and young people in the care, of BMBC and care leavers .
The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting individual looked after children and young people succeed in education, reducing barriers to learning and raising aspirations.
The post holder will work across a range of schools and settings to:
- Provide face to face, guidance, and encouragement to looked after children and young people to support engagement in education and secure good school attendance
- Source, design and implement specific programmes that will support vulnerable children to succeed in school
- Work with designated teachers in the school settings to support children at risk of exclusion.
- Build strong links with foster carers and staff in residential homes and provide advice and guidance to carers on how to support children's learning
- Contribute to multi-agency support plans to promote positive outcomes
The successful candidate will have a relevant level 4 qualification. They will demonstrate a good understanding of the barriers to positive education outcomes for looked after children and young people, and strategies successful in overcoming them. They will have the ability to build strong supportive relationships with children and young people and a passion for raising the aspirations of vulnerable children .
The candidate must be willing to travel in connection with the post.
The post is suitable for a job share.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.