Are you a qualified teacher looking for an opportunity to extend your expertise and skills? Would you value experience of working with the Head of the Virtual School to promote the educational outcomes of children with a social worker? We are looking for an Education Adviser to the virtual school on a secondment for two days a week to support the Head of the Virtual School in the fulfilment of the new requirements in relation to young people identified as a Child in Need or Child Protection.
- An experienced teacher with a desire to influence change for children with a social worker
- Able to work pro-actively with staff from Rutland County Council, the education sector and agency partners
- Able to collate and analyse data, and extract and report on relevant information to a range of audiences
- Organised, able to work accurately and to tight deadlines
- Functional IT skills; able to use Microsoft Office applications and web based programmes
About the role…
The Education Adviser to the Virtual School will work with the Head of the Virtual School to:
- Inform the strategic development of sustainable approaches to identifying the needs of the cohort, and addressing barriers to poor educational outcomes
- Promote evidenced-based approaches and good practice that prioritises consistency, high support and high standards for children with a social worker
- Work with the education sector and other professionals to support those adults working with children with a social worker to hold high aspirations for this cohort of children
- Share knowledge and cascade training and best practice to strengthen education settings and social care staff’s understanding of the impact of adversity on education and well-being
The successful applicant for the Education and Childcare Coordinator post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The costs for the DBS are paid by us.
The Education Adviser to the Virtual School interviews will be held on week commencing 1 November 2021. Please be advised this could be subject to change, in which case we will give appropriate notice. The expected start date for this role is 4 January 2022.
Our offer to you:
We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
Rutland County Council encourages a healthy work life balance and we welcome discussions regarding flexible working.
We will offer you an opportunity to widen the scope of the influence you have in changing children’s lives. The skills and knowledge you acquire will enable you to feed back into your school and the wider education sector and to contribute to the improved outcomes of the cohort of children with a social worker.
Find out more:
To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact Lee Martin, Head of the Virtual Schools on 01572 722577 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758343 or email us at email@example.com